Trying to bake with a toddler can be a challenge, but it was certainly fun! I decided that with the wind blowing outside today was a good cookie baking day. Kate watched as I made the sugar cookie dough and then after it had chilled I set up the table and she "helped" make the cutouts. She loved using the rolling pin. :)

Our first cookie was her favorite shape, the star!

I don't think she liked the sharp feel of the metal cookie cutter as she pressed it down. She was happier with the gingerbread man.

The challenge: keeping Kate from eating the raw dough. Apparently the little she ate was good since she kept trying to eat more! Maybe after the holidays I will make some peanut butter play dough for her to explore!
While we waited for the cookies to bake, we had lunch. Afterward we enjoyed a reeses which I had made last week.

An hour later, she remembered the cookies cooling on the baking rack and got the step stool to try and get a cookie on her own. I jumped in and got her a cookie instead. While the cookies aren't decorated yet, Kate seems to think we made some tasty cookies :)
1 comment:
You are such a fun moma to that sweet, adorable little girl!!! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment