Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Just like her Daddy

This morning Kate decided she wanted peanut butter. She had some on a tortilla the day before but just scraped off the PB. Today I decided to just give her some on a spoon with her tortilla. She immediately tried to spread it out. I pulled out her Gerber knife (no sharp edges) and she went to town. It was the first time she had used a knife. Look at the scowl on her face while she concentrates on spreading out to all the areas of the tortilla. Her daddy takes forever to make a sandwich. ;) It looks like I have 2 perfectionists in the family.

For Christmas my parents bought Kate the Melissa and Doug shape puzzles. It says it's for ages 2 and up so I held off to a bit since she wasn't even showing any interest in her other puzzles. Today I pull it out, and I wish I hadn't waited this long! She loves it!! Kate immediately told me the shapes and had the simple dog puzzle done without any assistance and in just a few minutes. Look at how she makes a house from the triangles. I didn't show her that!! Maybe she will love problem solving as much as her daddy, too. :)

No comments: