Monday, August 13, 2012

Play Dates!

So with school fast approaching and Gymboree coming to an end, we have been cramming in play dates with Kate's best friend, Ashley, and her best boyfriend, Aaron! (Only once were they there together.)

Kate is absolutely obsessed with the robotic dinosaurs at the Natural History Museum. Chris and my mother in law, Nancy, first took her to see them in early June and she feel in love! We renewed our membership because of these dinosaurs that are only here for the summer! Since our return from the Midwest we have been to see them at least once a week! (I can hardly wait for their departure so we can go somewhere else, but don't tell Kate!) Oh and as I type this I can tell you that last week we actually went  to the museum 3 times!

We took Ashely to the museum on July 30 and Aaron on August 8.
The solar telescope was open so, we were able to look at the sun through the hydrogen filter. We saw sun spots!
 
 Yes, our kids held a snake! No fear!

Friday we all met up at the museum to celebrate Bobbie the Gopher snake's 10th birthday! Yep, a party for a snake. We enjoyed cake, made marshmallow mice and decorated party hats. This was also a good excuse for Haley and Mary, Ashley and Aaron to meet again before we all take science classes together in 2 weeks.
Last week, Mary and I took the girls to It'z (a bigger, better, and tastier chuck e cheese). First game and Kate won 1000 tickets! Crazy I know! We ended up splitting all the tickets and the girls had fun playing and eating all evening.
 

No comments: