Monday, October 19, 2009

Apple Orchard

After living here for 6 1/2 years, I just discovered that there is an apple orchard 15 minutes from our house (even less from the old house)! In all the years I did an apple unit at preschool, no one told me of this orchard when I could have brought the kids to learn about apples and even pick one from the tree! Oh well. Well now we know, and Kate really seemed to enjoy it today.

We can't pick our own apples like you can in many orchards out east, but at least Kate was allowed to pick her own from the tree. Of the joys of being a kid! :) We had a great time just wanting around the 1100 trees, and Kate was fascinated by the many fallen apples. Next year we will come earlier when the trees are full.

No comments: