On May 5, Chris decided it was time to start feeding Ellie her first food. We started Kate on rice cereal promptly at 4 months because she was drinking formula like it was going out of style so she needed more in her belly. Ellie hasn't been nearly has starving. Anyway, Chris decided it was time so I pulled out e bowls and baby spoons to be washed and bought the Gerber rice cereal. As expected, Elizabeth wasn't too sure at first but did eat. As the week progressed she was getting the hang of chewing and swallowing. By the end, she was willingly opening her mouth for more!
 |
| All smiles! She was just happy to be sitting in her high chair! |
 |
| Still smiling at mommy and not knowing what was about to go into her mouth! |
 |
| Um, what is this? |
 |
| Still not sure if I like this stuff. |
 |
| Letting daddy try. By then she had enough. |
 |
| The next week, Kate wanted to try to feed her. Ellie was too distracted by her sister so I had to take over, which was fine since Kate doesn't quite know how to nearly feed Elizabeth. Kate felt very helpful though and that's what counts! |
On April 27, I introduced Ellie to the exersaucer. I think Kate had more fun showing her how to use the toys.
On May 7, we introduced the jumperoo and again Kate has had more fun with it. Ellie will get a chance to play in it alone when Kate goes to school thus fall, I guess!
No comments:
Post a Comment