Our big girl is growing like a weed! We can't wait to get her stats at the end of the month. Kate loves science (chemistry and astronomy). She can rattle off the planets and tell you facts about most of them. She will sit and do science experiments all day long if you let her. (The grandfathers are thrilled by this!) She is learning the elements. She loves her periodic table shirt, place mat, and element flash cards. I've never met another three year old like her.
Kate uses her imagination more and more. She just received her first big doll house and LOVES it! She played with it all day today and even passed up an opportunity to go outside and play!
It's funny how one minute she can be a little girlie-girl with painted nails, dolls, hair bows and dresses, and the next Kate wants jeans and a science or space t-shirt, play in the dirt, play with her space toys or do experiments.!
She is a our social butterfly. Kate loves attending Gymboree and seeing her many friends. After we were gone for a month, I realized just how many kids like her! They all said that they had really missed her! Kate is always having me set up play dates with our other friends as well. She'd love to play with her friends Brayden and Jaxon again but they live a bit too far away (IL and AZ)!
Words seem to constantly flow from her mouth and the sentences become more and more complex by the day. I love when she grasps a new phrase. For a while it was "I realized...." Lately it has been "last evening..." even if last evening was 2 months ago! :)
Potty training seems to be going fairly well. (only a couple of slip ups today because we were over excited by the new dollhouse). Kate is really good about telling me when she needs to go and we run off to the bathroom. I really think her naps have helped the process. Since our return from Illinois, she has napped again and had few minor accidents.
We think she is a pretty remarkable little girl and as you can tell we are extremely proud of her and who she is becoming. She is so excited about going to preschool in September. I think she is even more excited about a mommy and me science class too (besides the ones at home). Chris and I can't wait to see what new things Kate learns in the next 365 days!
| Enjoying her Mars (complete with Mars Pathfinder and a rock to analyze) and Jupiter cakes. |
Happy 3rd Birthday, Kate! We love you to Mars and back!
No comments:
Post a Comment