On Saturday we ventured to ABQ Uptown Center. Despite the rain (drizzle really), we thought we would check out Summerfest. They closed off the streets in the outdoor mall to set it up.
There were two stages for bands, a magic show, and a children's area. We were there a little early so we grabbed a yummy dinner at the Elephant Bar and Grill.
After dinner, the block party began! We enjoyed listening to the music but Kate had more fun walking around. We brought her baby stroller and doll which she pushed all over the mall. It was really cute and somehow she managed to not run anyone over!

The kids' area was really for older children, but Kate waited very patiently in line to have her face painted. I was shocked when she sat very still to have a her face done. I had requested something quick and easy. Next time I will let her have whatever she wants. Guess all that discussion of sitting still and watching other kids have it done really paid off! She still talks about her smiley face. :)


Belle and Beast were walking around and I wanted Kate's picture taken with them. She hadn't seen the movie (until today) but she enthusiastically ran up to them for a hug! Who did she go to first? Not Belle! "Beast! Beast! Beast!" Belle has to ask for a hug! Good to know Kate isn't like her mommy who was afraid of Santa for many years!


The fire department was on hand and let the kids sit in the truck. Once again while other kids weren't sure if they wanted to get near the truck, ours ran right up and wanted inside. They were letting kids climb in the back half of the cab. That wasn't good enough for ours! She climbed into the driver's seat! Good things she's cute!

She loved the knobs and buttons on the truck.

We went back later so she could "show" her baby the truck, too!


Near the end of the evening, we poked around Borders. I wasn't overwhelmed to get anything since I had just ordered us books and music from Barnes and Noble! I was looking around though and when I went to find Chris and Kate, I found them sitting in the middle of an aisle in the kids' books. He was reading Clifford to Kate. :) It was too cute not to take a picture.

I love good quality family time. Soon we can enjoy more of it in our own backyard!
No comments:
Post a Comment