I have been itching to pack for our trip, but it's just not time to pack just yet, so this morning Kate and I got out of the house and went to the zoo. You can tell that the kids are back in school because even on a late Friday morning, the place was really empty! Lots of other toddlers there. :) Kate had fun running around and seeing some animals that we haven't seen before. We almost always do the African animals and the catwalk and then head home. This time we saw the birds, too. We saw everything!

I had never been to this exhibit. I think these are the man eating crocodiles that no other zoo wanted so we took them. They are still building an exhibit for these guys. They are from Australia. I would be surprised if the Erwin family arrives for the grand opening when the exhibit is complete. The crocs are huge!! The wall sign says that they are 15 feet long!

We saw two tortoises and Kate was fascinated by them!

I decided that it was time for Kate to feed the giraffe. I have been putting it off until Chris could come with us, but who knows when that will be. So Kate fed the 2 year old female today. She had so much fun! I think she wished that mommy had bought more than one turn. I'm sure it won't be the last time we feed the giraffes.

Admiring the polar bear lounging on the rock.


It's so fun to see the animals when they are up close in the windows! We liked seeing the mountain lions and the big orangutan up close today.
No comments:
Post a Comment