Thursday, May 28, 2009

Budding Artist

Kate has started making a few marks on paper when we give her a writing utensil. She made a lovely drawing with a sharpie for me in my Mother's Day card this year. I gave her some washable markers the other night so she could "sign" Grandma's birthday card. She really got excited about those markers!

Last night I decided to keep her happy for a few minutes before dinner by letting her color. She had a great time! By the third picture she was done and ready to taste her markers. Thank goodness for non-toxic markers!
She was trying to put the caps back on.
She has watched me do it and thought she should try too!


Of course sometimes the sounds the markers make on the tray is a lot more thrilling than the colors they make on the paper.

Just as colorful as her artwork.
If you look closely you can see her bottom molar!


Her first official drawing is now hanging on our refrigerator!
No, she did not make those little flowers. I was showing her how to use the markers. :)

No comments: