Thursday, February 12, 2009

What a Wonderful Husband!

I know I usually only write about Kate, but today I must brag about my wonderful husband, Chris!

We don't normally do too much for Valentine's Day. We tend to celebrate it late or early and usually just do cards and flowers on the actual day. So this year was a total shock to me!

So Chris came home from work on Tuesday. Just like every other day, we had dinner and then gave Kate a bath. While giving Kate her bath, he says casually, "Oh by the way, I took tomorrow off."
My reaction, oh why? I love it when he takes days off, but I wasn't expecting it.
Chris: "So you can go shopping."
Me: "Really? Alone?"
Chris: "Yep! Oh and we have reservations for tomorrow night too."
Me: "Oh were are we going?"
Chris: "It's a surprise."
Me: "Do we have a babysitter or is Kate coming too?" (Heck I figured this was all so last minute that we wouldn't have a sitter. Plus seeing as it was our first Valentine's Day as a family, I naturally assumed Kate would be coming to dinner, too.)
Chris: "Kelley is watching her."

I think I did the happy dance all evening just thinking of going shopping by myself!

The next day I spent over an hour in my favorite store, J.Jill, and bought some much needed new spring/summer clothes! Then went to Target and got Kate some items too. I would have hit up Babies r Us and Kohl's too, but I had to be home to get ready for our dinner reservation at 4:30 and I still didn't know where we were going for dinner!

I got home to gorgeous dark pink roses, and Chris continues to watch Kate and I got ready to go. :) We dropped a sleeping baby off at Kelley and Rhett's and drove to our dinner reservation. He surpised me with a very romantic dinner at the Melting Pot (fondue) with champagne and chocolates.
It was a wonderful evening alone and a perfect Valentine's Day! Thanks so much to Kelley and Rhett who took such good care of our precious girl. :) Hopefully her crying didn't traumitize Rhett too much! They're website has the story of Kate's evening with them. :)

I love you, Chris!!!

1 comment:

Bettina said...

What an AWESOME Valentine's Day! A+ to you Chris!!! Nicely done! :)