Kate has been extra helpful since her sister arrived. Most of the time she has asked to do these things without prompting! Who said this girl could grow up and do these things on her own! Not sure when this happened but I just realized that she was no longer asking for help with her snap on her jeans! She even gives herself a bath and brushes her teeth on her own. She loves getting her own drinks too. We have recently encouraged her to switch from her plastic plates and baby silverware to our everyday silverware.
I don't have a picture of it, but a few weeks ago Kate walked into the kitchen and asked me if I needed help unloading the dishwasher. I said yes as I was carrying her fussy sister in the sling, and Kate was eager to remove the clean dishes! She helped me out for the rest of the week whenever the dishes were clean!
"I can do it myself" is her newest catch phrase!
 |
| Kate had to cut her own strawberries with her (butter) knife. |
 |
| Kate loves giving Ellie her pacifier whenever she needs it. She also let her sister hold her space shuttle. |
 |
| She finally asked to help feed Ellie her bottle. It lasted for all of 5 minutes but it helped! |
 |
| Kate is really helpful at dinner time! |
No comments:
Post a Comment