The theme was adorable! It was Gingerbread girls! The table was set for afternoon tea and gracing the table setting were these adorable cutout gingerbread babies and two Build-A-Bear Gingerbread girls (one for Kate and one for Ellie). We enjoyed yummy homemade blueberry scones with lemon curd, potatoes and cheese cups, ambrosia salad and gingerbread cookies with our teas. I definitely stuffed myself!
Next we played a few games. We guessed how many M&Ms were in a sippy cup. Great guess made by Lesley of 168 (there were 160)! They also picked out various lengths of ribbon to measure my belly. Thank you, Katie, for being nearly on the nose. I'm certainly not as round as I was the first time around! It was funny to see the different lengths though.
We moved into the living room for gifts next. We have such generous friends! Haley made a sweet scrapbook. Jackie gave Kate and Ellie matching gingerbread pajamas and I received a pretty smelling spritzer and bath soap from bath and Body Works wrapped in a gingerbread recipe tea towel. Katie gave us an adorable fall outfit! I just love those little baby jeans! Tiffany made Kate happy when she purchased the Elmo bath towel set and bright colored wash clothes that Kate put on our registry. We also received an adorable cupcake sleeper! Lesley gave us what she says are amazing swaddling blankets and I am looking forward to trying them out. Kate moved so much that she broke free from hers. Ellie is a mover now so it will be interesting to see if she is a mover outside, too! While Aunt pat couldn't attend, she set along a gift card which I think we will be using for diapers!
Our last game was hilarious. Haley pulled out her Barbies (complete with cotton ball pregnant bellies) and we had to dress them as if they were going to an office Christmas party. We had toilet paper, tissue paper ribbons, and various other goodies to use. It was hilarious! In the end I wish everyone could have won! Lesley was quite stylish in that she was definitely in a Barbie maternity gown. Only a pregnant Barbie could pull of the straight black ribbon skirt and red top. Jackie made the gown I would have preferred if it really was me. But in the end Tiffany took the prize because her polka-dot print and style looked more like a genuine maternity gown! I loved it!
| Haley's, Lesley's and Jackie's |
| Katie's, Tiffany's and mine (I swear mine was the Jessica Simpson hair doll!) |
No comments:
Post a Comment