Monday, October 31, 2011

Big girl and little girl updates

For the last 3 weekends Chris and I have been very busy getting Kate's big sister room ready.
 

Yesterday Chris even re-setup the crib and we rearranged the furniture in the nursery. We need to fill in holes and add some art work. I will be busy in the next few weeks cleaning the rocker, arranging the closet and drawers, and washing baby clothes. Only 8 weeks left!

two weeks ago I had what should be my last ultrasound. Mom went with me since they were still in town. :)  Good news, the placenta has moved up and is no longer an issue. Elizabeth "Ellie" was a bit more cooperative so we FINALLY got face pictures. The highlight was seeing Ellie smile at us! Even the ultrasound tech was excited and said a smile is a rare sight!
We left with a long sheet of pictures. Many more pictures than we have had in the past since she was a bit more cooperative. :)

A week ago I had my the first of my 2 week appointments. All is well. I passes the gestational diabetes test (by 1 point!) so I no longer have to worry about that. I was amazed when my midwife said I hadn't gained anything in 2 weeks. We looked it up and discovered I have only gained 11 pounds since the first appointment!  Wow!  I gained over 50 lb with Kate!!

When the nursery is finished, I will post pictures again. Both girls are doing well and Kate is just eager for Christmas to come to meet her sister!

1 comment:

Bettina said...

Love the room! :) Looks like so much fun!!!