Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Movie time!

On Saturday we took Kate to her first big movie - Cars 2. We have been watching Cars for nearly 2 weeks and Kate couldn't wait to see the new movie in the theater!! I don't know how she found out, but the day the film came out she looked at me and said, "We're going to see Cars in the theater today!" Ah, no. We decided to wait another week to avoid the crowds. We didn't even both with the 3D version which is why I think it was less busy.

I didn't walk Kate through how the theater would be, but I did say that she needed to be quiet. We found our seats and immediately Kate wanted popcorn. I was going to bring her special popcorn bucket but I forgot it at home. They did give us a small cup so we could ration her popcorn (didn't matter since she ended the movie with a popcorn belly ache.) 

She was riveted to the screen (It's like a big TV!) as soon as the previews started.

She hates them at home before her films so I thought she'd protest, but she didn't! Her favorite preview was for the Smurfs. It was my favorite too! :) Such great childhood memories!
Kate's reaction as soon as the actual film started!! So excited!!
I wish I could have captured her face when she saw Mater and hen McQueen for the first time.  She was so excited that she nearly squealed in delight! She thought it was hilarious that those two tipped a dump truck instead of a tractor this time. She loves the tractor tipping scene in Cars.

While I loved the Toy Story short, Kate wasn't as thrilled. She loved seeing Rex and the triceratops, but didn't care for the rest until the end. She thought it was funny to see Ken and Barbie kissing! "Mom, they're kissing!!" giggle! giggle! giggle!

Kate did very well in her first feature film, and I look forward to taking her to another one. As we left she loved looking at the posters of Cars 2 all over the theater.

No comments: