Friday, August 27, 2010

Ah-Ha Moment

I love when Kate figures something out! Well, usually. Today, yes, I love it!

We are sitting here playing playdough and Kate is rolling it out. All of a sudden she runs off to her play kitchen. She comes back with her plastic corn on the cob. She rolls it into her playdough and looks at the impression it has made. "Popcorn!" she exclaims. She realized cause and effect! She then proceeded to look for other things in the room. She found her toy pastry cutter and looked at the wavy lines it created. She found a train and saw that it wheels created circles when in the side and straight lines when upright. We found her dump truck book that has wheels and looked at the tire treads. I love that playdough teaches her so much. She is even attempting to use the scissors to cut.

Such complex thinking for a 28 month old. Yes, we are proud. :)

No comments: