Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

We have much to be thankful for this year. Great job, beautiful home, but most of all an amazing family!

At school Kate had to disguise her turkey so that people wouldn't eat him for Thanksgiving. She finally decided that we should disguise him as a paleontologist.
Tuesday, her class had a fun afternoon. They played games and did all sorts of thanksgiving related items. She made a book about the pilgrims on the Mayflower and landing at Plymouth. They made a bracelet where each bead represented part of the Thanksgiving story. It was cute! She really remembers this story,  too! They made butter which we enjoyed that night as dinner. Her favorite thing was the Indian dress and headband from a pillowcase. She has worn it for the last 3 days! She just loves being an Indian! I know, we just moved from an state where we were surrounded by reservations!
Today, the girls colored. We all helped to create our first Thankfulness Turkey. I was suddenly hit with the craft bug yesterday and decided to create this large turkey with blank feather that we could fill out. Since Kate reminded me that there was popcorn at the first Thanksgiving, I decided we needed cute snack cups too! I know I went crazy but it was festive!
Kate decided to play Mayflower this morning. She piled playmobil people into the bottom of the ship and sailed it to America. I remembered that I had an Indian set so we pulled that out too. It was perfect, according to Kate!
Finally, here are our little Turkeys and our wonderful meal together.

1 comment:

Anabelle said...

The Thankful Turkey is a wonderful idea! I want to do this next year.