Friday, October 26, 2012

Kate stories

Kate has had some dozy of Kate-isms lately!

On Tuesday, Kate was upstairs doing her "homework." She was working on writing numbers. In the book, there is an addition problem 3+4=7.

"MOM (dramatic), Ms. Sherry is WRONG!"
What do you mean?
"She says 5+2=7."
It does.
"But this says 3+4=7."
Add 5 plus 2 with your fingers.
She does this.
"7!"
And what is 6+1?
Again with the finger counting.
"7!"
Yes, different number groupings can add up to make the same number.
"Oh!"
See, Ms. Sherry was right.

*    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *

Thursday as she was getting ready for the Gymboree Party, she was once again very dramatic.

"Mom, I love Halloween!"
Why?
"Because you can make believe you are anything!"
Who are you pretending to be?
"Sue Hendrickson."
(I know who she is but I was egging Kate on.) Who's she?
"A paleontologist!"
And what did she discover?
"Sue."
Who's Sue?
"A  GIGANTIC T-Rex!"


I don't know too many 4 1/2 year olds who can tell me the name of the paleontologist who discovered Sue. :) I am so glad she has an ideal, though. :)

No comments: