The last 2 weeks have been difficult here as the girls have bated a nasty cold virus. Deep, wet chest cough and congestion. Luckily Ellie's wasn't as bad as Kate's. With being sick, Ellie hasn't done much.
Ellie still isn't a huge fan of tummy time but is tolerating it more. She is getting strong and keeping that head up longer and higher. She did roll over on our bed twice but I think it was also the position she was in. She did try really hard to get off her tummy two days ago when in her play mat but she just didn't have enough strength to get over. She did roll over at the doctor's office today though!
Elizabeth is still full of smiles. She smiles at all of us and definitely at Kate. She loves her big sister. And her big sister loves her! Ellie had given us a giggle or two before she got sick, and I look forward to hearing more as she gets better. She smiles and giggles when you tickle under her chin. She grins while playing peek-a-boo.We occasionally get a full nights rest. Twice this week she slept from 8 pm to 5:30 or 6 am. Of course last night, she decided to learn how to kick and was up nearly all night.Tonight we have her un-swaddled. It was hard to get her to sleep but when I put her down, she was nearly asleep. She seems to have drifted off to dreamland on her own. Hope she stays asleep for a while!
There have been a few brief seconds when Elizabeth has found her thumb but usually she sucks on her fist. She hasn't stretched her fingers out much yet although she is starting to grab at my shirt, a blanket or your finger if it's close. She hasn't reached up to grab any toys on her play mat yet. I bet that's not too far from now though.
When it comes to eating, don't delay that bottle! She drinks 25-28 ounces in 24 hours. When she's tired she tends to fall asleep on the bottle. Naps average from 30 minutes to 2.5 hours.She sleeps really well in the car!
She loves to talk to you. If I'm holding her and not looking down at her, she will start talking to me. Once she has my attention, she will just chat away! Tonight she talked herself to sleep! Oh boy, am I in trouble! ;)
In the middle of the month (the 12th actually), we used her last newborn diaper and put away her newborn clothes. This week I put away the 0-3 outfits. I am grateful we have a friend, whose daughter is 2 months older than Ellie, who let us borrow her 3 month clothes. Ellie needed long sleeved 3 month outfits. All of Kate's clothes were summer outfits.
It's no wonder she needed those new clothes after we visited the doctor today. She was very happy and cooed and talked to Dr. Martz during the entire exam. Elizabeth is definitely our talker! She was cooing just hours after her birth! She was not happy with her shots despite big sister Kate holding her hand and telling her to "Be Brave" and "It's OK, Elizabeth."
| I told Kate, "Say, Cheese" and Ellie smiled, too! |
No comments:
Post a Comment