We saw our regular pediatrician, Dr. Martz, today for Ellie's 2 week appointment. Kate was at school and waiting for grandma to pick her up while Daddy and I attended this appointment. Since we started supplementing and almost exclusively moved to bottles for both formula and breast milk, Ellie has gained weight! She took the bottle so well and stayed awake that I decided to just pump when I could and supplement with formula. All the nursing and pumping was taking too much time away from Kate. If it was just the one child, I am sure I would have continued to do it all but it's too time consuming with a 3 3/4 year old, too!
Here are Ellie's 2 week statics.
Weight 7 lb.
Length 20 inches
Head circ. 34.5 cm
Heart rate 168
Dr. Martz says she looks perfect and not to stress over the breastfeeding. As he said when we had Kate, we have to do what's best for our family. He's glad we are all adjusting and big sister is too.
After the appointment we had to take Elizabeth down to the lab for the second PKU test. I was dreading it since I remembered what it was like with Kate - heart wrenching! She screamed so much as they squeezed her little foot! Well this time they gave us a warming pack for Ellie's heal. Chris took her in and before I knew it, they were back out and no tears! Well, she cried in there but when it was over she was fine. Such a different experience!


No comments:
Post a Comment