Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Watching History

What an amazing day it has been!!! Kate was so eager to watch the inaugural proceedings that she woke up at 4:45 AM! She woke up from a nap at 8:30 so she could watch all the proceedings and watch (and snacked) as Barack Obama became our 44th President.

Watching and snacking while Barack is sworn in as our 44th President.

I must say that I am still in awe of what I witnessed and can only imagine what it must have been like in DC today! I bet there was an amazing energy around the nation's capitol. I can tell Kate when she is older that she really did watch Barack become our President and what hope and joy I felt for the country. I honestly cannot write just how I felt this morning watching everything, and I cannot imagine what my parents felt and those who lived through the Civil Rights movement. I know I was crying through it all!

Side note - The dress Michelle wore - stunning! Can't wait to see her gown tonight! How thoughtful were the Obamas to bring the Bushs a gift, too!

No comments: